How you can support us
We are extremely grateful to all our supporters. We couldn’t provide the services we do without them. Please contact us if you would like to join their ranks.
There are many ways you can help practically:
- Companies might have excess food or other goods they can donate.
- Supermarkets and other organisations might be able to set up a food collection point.
- We distribute food, household crisis and toiletry packs through referral agencies.
- We work in partnership to provide mentoring and advocacy for those in need.
You can donate financially or in-kind to the general fund, or for specific needs. For example, many organizations provided invaluable financial and in-kind support in enabling us to buy a new van, and to rent and fit out our new building. You may well have skills and resources that we can use, so please talk to us to find out more about our current plans and needs.
Benefits of supporting us
For local people, it’s about helping out and getting to know other local people. Some of the people we help want to help others in turn.
For businesses, it’s also about helping out the local community we serve, and giving back to local people as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. They might find that they get some knock-on benefits in team-building, thinking creatively, and PR. Different businesses can benefit from helping HITS in as many different ways as they can help HITS!
For community groups and schools, it could be about working together to help others, maybe through fund-raising or organising a food collection, and having a bit of fun while doing so.
We are extremely grateful to all of our food collection points, referral agencies, and our wide network of supporters:
- Local people throughout Teignbridge
- Schools throughout Teignbridge
- Rotary clubs within the Teignbridge area
- Churches and faith groups throughout Teignbridge
- Local District and County Councillors
- Teignbridge District Council
- Social Services
- GP Practices
- Probation services
- Plymouth PATH
- Devon Drug Project
- Sure Start
- Various charities
- The voluntary sector
- Co-operative stores throughout Teignbridge
- Morrison’s stores
- Sainsbury’s in Dawlish
- Sainsbury’s at the Penn Inn Roundabout, Newton Abbot
- Lazerpics Newton Abbot
- Western Power Distribution
- The Herald Express
- Wales & West Utilities