We distribute food and other goods via the referral agencies below. Our services are by referral only and each case is treated on its own merits.
Between the start of the project in September 2012 and May 2016, we have helped more than 4,500 people and distributed more than 200 tonnes of food.
There are three main types of packs we distribute: Food pack, Household crisis pack, Toiletry pack. More information about the contents of the packs. We are also currently supplying fresh food, including fruit and vegetables, bread and cakes.
In times of crisis and need, we can also provide baby packs, pet packs, and moving-in packs.
From 1 April 2016 we have been running the HITS Support (HITSS) Scheme, providing a small amount of credit on electric and gas meters in an emergency, emergency clothing and necessary travel for those in absolute need. Necessary travel might include a case when it is imperative that a client has to attend an important meeting, eg with Job Centre Plus or the Newton Abbot Citizens Advice Bureau.
Referral agencies for our packs
- Various churches throughout the Teignbridge area
- Teignbridge District Council Housing Services
- Teign Housing
- Job Centre Plus
- Sanctuary Housing
- Social Services
- Most of the GP Surgeries throughout Teignbridge
- Health Visitors
- Care Direct Plus Adult Services
- Children’s Services and Mental Health Services, Teignbridge
- Parent Support Advisors
- Devon and Cornwall Police, Teignmouth
- Newton Abbot and Teignmouth and Dawlish Citizens Advice Bureaus
- Dawlish Volunteer Bureau
- Volunteering in Health
- Youth Enquiry Service/Young Devon
- Assist Teignbridge
- Together Drug & Alcohol Service
- NHS Hospital Discharge Co-ordinators
- Newton Abbot MP Anne-Marie Morris and her Senior Case Workers
- Newton Abbot Town Council